Views
Helpful
Replies

N4K, N5K & FIP Snooping

aviyoshi10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a problem connecting N4K with Qlogic CNA towards N5K with FIP Snooping feature.

i ran the setup wizard on the N4K which install the QOS policy and i can see the mac under "show fip-snooping vlan discovery".

but still the vfc on N5K is down.

is there a minimum, NX-OS version on the N5K that need to support this kind of configuration ?

thanks Avi.

5 Replies 5

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you can include configurations from your Nexus 5k and 5k along with software versions it will help.

Hello.

Is there any document (pdf / ppt...) to understand the steps to configure an FCoE network with nexus 5k/4k. There is no official training on the Nexus 4000.

Hi Surya,

Have a read through the Cisco Nexus 4000 Design Guide. It details all of the necessary configuration from the N5K and N4K perspectives.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps10596/deployment_guide_c07-574724.pdf

Regards,

Michael

Thank you ! The document is great.

Hello.

It seems that on Nexus 55xx and the last firmware of the Nexus 4000, the FCoE QoS is not defined and applied by default (it was the case on the Nexus 4k for VLANs enabled for FIP Snooping), is there any plan to update the design guide according to the new platforms / releases ?