cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus session database locked

lekeosi11
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a pair of Cisco Nexus 5596 switches running NX-OS version 6.0(2)N1(1)

I seem to have hit bug CSCue03528

Session Database / Config Sync / CFS locked on one side without a commit
Symptom:
CFS lock on one 5k switch in a VPC due to session manager that does not clear

Conditions:
5ks in a VPC running 5.2 with config sync, a lockout of config-t, config sync and show run

Workaround:
reload the chassis

Because of this I'm unable to make config changes on the switch with the locked session.

The suggested workaround isn't very practical in a production enviroment since it will require some downtime.

Has anyone comes across a way unlocking the session database on a Nexus switch?

Thanks

L

4 Replies 4

rimonga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have looked at the cases where people had faced this issue and reload is the only option.

You could also upgrade to either in 6.0(2)N1(2) or 5.2(1)N1(4) to get rid of this bug.

HTH!

Ritu Monga

Thanks Ritu.

Not what I wanted to hear .

I'll work on getting downtime to reload the switch.

L

I had an issue where config-sync would not sync because one switch had the db locked. I issued the command "show system internal csm info trace" to see what was showing it locked. It was whatever command I had entered last. I was able to reset the lock without a reboot with the command "test csm ssn-db-lock reset conf-t". After that config-sync merge succeeded.

This is where I found the commands:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/troubleshooting/guide/n5K_ts_confg-sync.html#wp1042691

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I had a similar issue, and that command worked for me as well.

Cheers,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: