Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus7k upgrade VPC status with different NX-OS

I am having two Nexus7k chassis with sinlge SUP-2E. I am planning to upgrade them from 6.2(2a) to 6.2(12) one by one. I am running VPC for N5K redundancy.

My question is, once I will upgrade my one 7k then will the VPC still be up with all it's consistancy parameters or differnt NX-OS will break the VPC peers ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as its single sup run the command show install all impact it will tell you whether the upgrade will be disruptive and you need to reboot for it other than that just because its on a different nx-os while you wait to upgrade the 2nd nexus it should have no impact on your vpc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will not break the vpc connections and you could do an ISSU upgrade as well if possible to minimize downtime

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. In short if we have two switch as below (N7K-1 & N7K-2) and is having vpc down with one of the server with dual NIC with bundling configured. Now even with the different NX-OS on both boxes our VPC (Peer Link & Keepalive Links) will be up will behave similar in case of same NX-OS?

-----------------------                                  -----------------------

|                           |                                |                            |

|  N7k-1-VDC-2   |   -----------------------  |  N7k-2-VDC-2   |

|      6.2(2a)         |                                 |      6.2(12)         |

-----------------------                                  -------------------------

\                                / 

\                          /

_________

| Server |

_________

as its single sup run the command show install all impact it will tell you whether the upgrade will be disruptive and you need to reboot for it other than that just because its on a different nx-os while you wait to upgrade the 2nd nexus it should have no impact on your vpc.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card