Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Status 90: Loading Boot Loader

Hi All,

I have problem when I reloaded my Nexus 7000. I tried to enter ROM monitor to init my system by entering Control-C after reloading. I have done this before twice and it went smooth, but when i did it for the third time the boot process stucked on "Status 90: Loading Boot Loader". I have attached the screenshot below.

Is it because my BIOS corrupted?

FYI before I tried to reload the system, iI tried to upgrade my NX-OS from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2 with ISSU but it failed and there was message like this:

un,able to install log files

errno=13

After saw this message, I checked my currently running NX-OS version and it was still 6.1.1 so I assumed that the cuurently running image and kick start didn't got replaced already. After that, I relaoded my system and the problem began. FYI, I have 2 version of image system files and kick start image file (6.1.1 and 6.1.2) in my bootflash and 1 version (6.1.2) of system image and kick start on my slot0.

I try to give all information about my system to ease the troubleshooting. I hope you people can help me in this matter.

thanks in advance.

best regards,

Yedi

5 Replies 5

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I've not come across this before so probably won't be too much help, but have you reviewed the procedures shown in the Troubleshooting Software System Reboots section of the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS Troubleshooting Guide on the Cisco DocWiki?

Regards

Hi Steve,

Yup, I have read that documentation and I arrive in a conclusion that my BIOS is corrupted, but I am not pretty sure about that. The other reason why I suspect my BIOS is corrupted because before reloading the system, I tried to upgrade my system twice (as i mentioned in my post above), and from what I know, upgrading the NX-OS also means upgrading the BIOS. CMIIW

But since I failed upgrading my system, I think my BIOS shouldn't got changed. FYI I got message which notify me that the system failed to extract my new image system and my new kick start image when upgrading process so I assumed that the upgrading system stop at that early stage and didn't touch my BIOS at all. What is your opinion?

One more thing, do you know the function of reset button in Supervisor module? FYI I use SUP-1. Is it for reseting the system to factory default? I can't find any documentation about that reset button.

Thanks for replying.

Best regards,

Yedi

grivanoj23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got the same problem with you.

Are u got the solution for this problem ?

best regards,

grivanoj

Hi Grivanoj,

I solved the problem by pulling off the CMOS battery of the supervisor module and wait up to 1 minute before putting it back again in its socket.

I hope that will help you.

Best regards,

Yedi

The following  procedure describes how to upgrade a device that has dual supervisor modules to the latest Cisco NX-OS software:
Step 1 Log in to the console port on both of the active and standby supervisor modules.

Step 2 Log in to Cisco.com and download the latest Cisco NX-OS kickstart and system images to a server.

Step 3 Download the Cisco NX-OS kickstart and system images from the server to your device using the copy command.

Step 4 Save the device configuration using the copy running-config startup-config vdc-all command.

Step 5 Enter the install all command at the active supervisor command prompt to upgrade the Cisco NX-OS software on your device.

To upgrade to the latest Cisco NX-OS software on a device with dual supervisors, follow these steps:

Step 1 Log in to the device on the console port connection on both of the active and standby supervisor modules.

Step 2 Log in to Cisco.com to access the links provided in this document. To log in to Cisco.com, go to the URL http://www.cisco.com/ and click Log In at the top of the page. Enter your Cisco username and password.

Step 3 Access the Software Download Center using this URL:http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/index.shtml

Step 4 Navigate to the download site for your device.

You see links to the download images for your device.

Step 5 Select and download the kickstart and system software files to a server.

Step 6 Ensure that the required space is available for the image file(s) to be copied.

switch# dir bootflash:
       49152     Apr 16 14:43:39 2008  lost+found/
    80850712     Apr 04 15:57:44 2008  n7000-s1-dk9.4.0.1.bin
    22593024     Apr 04 15:52:56 2008  n7000-s1-kickstart.4.0.1.bin

Usage for bootflash://sup-local
   103492888 bytes used
   800604904 bytes free
   904097792 bytes total

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: