Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C240 M4

Johny8888
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to install the ESXi 6.0 ( with customized iso Cisco: Vmware-ESXi-6.0.0-2494585-Custom-Cisco-6.0.0.2.iso)

on Cisco UCS C240 M4 server, but it is finished with purple diagnostic screen. The screen shots are in attachment.

Please help / advice.

Regards,

Johny.

8 Replies 8

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Johny

Is this a standalone server, or managed via UCSM (connected to a fabric interconnect ?)

I assume the proper enic/fnic drivers should already be integrated into the OEM iso file.

Hi Walter,

Thanks to response my question :)

This is a standalone server.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Johny.

Hi Johny -

Did you upgrade the firmware on the C240 to a HQL version (or close to it) prior to installation?

http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/ucs/interoperability/matrix/matrix.html

PSC

Hello Paul,

what do you mean with HQL version?

could you please give me the link in order to download the firmware?

Thanks,

Johny.

Firmware download list for your server is at https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286281356&softwareid=283850974&release=3.0(1c)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please keep in mind the OEM customized ISOs are just a point in time in regards to drivers, so while they (customized ISO) are good place to start (as opposed to the generic ISOs) you will still want to check the UCS interop matrix, and potentially update drivers like ENIC, FNIC, IGB, LSI_MR3 if required.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Johny8888
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your advice. Now, my cisco UCS C240 M4 installed with "CISCO Custom Image for ESXi 6.0 U2 GA Install CD".

does anybody know what type of esxi 6.0 is this? (essential ? or enterprise? or stardard version?)

please advice.

Thanks,

Johny.

Hi Johny -

The feature set is based on the license key you install.  The installed binaries are valid for all features.

PSC

Johny8888
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your help and advice. My UCS had installed successfully. :)

Best Regards,

Johny.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card