Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

We currently have a n7k and are looking to expand our datacenter network. I have thought of getting a pair of 5672 for our vmware cluster but the Cisco enginner was suggesting the n9300. But not sure if that is the direction we need to go. When it is...

Hi I have 2 2248 FEXs dual-homed to 2 5548 parents which are VPC peers. I understand that 1 port on a FEX must be configured on both parent switches in order to take affect. What I want to know is that if a port channel is configured between ports ...

I suspect I am missing something easy. Two Nexus 35K switches in Active/Standby HSRP mode work perfectly for all all network routing except for 1 VMWare host.  The VMWare host has two 10GB vNICs connected to the pair of Nexus switches. Both vNICs ar...

mdornfeld by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I was learning about BGP-EVPN, and would need some help with bridge domains. Q1: Can you confirm I can re-use VLAN IDs in different bridge domains on a switch for different tenants? I mean a setup like this: TenantAABBL2 VNI3010030200351003...

We are planning to upgrade a pair of 1110-X Virtual Service Appliances from version 4.2(1)SP1(5.1a) to 5.2(1)SP1(7.3a).  It is my understanding that this has to be done in a 2 step process.  First, upgrade to 4.2(1)SP1(6.2a), then upgade to 5.2(1)SP1...

awatson20 by Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes