Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Introduction

This document covers the configuration procedures on how to route outgoing calls to PSTN Operator through ISDN using Specific Channels/timeslots in E1/T1.

Problem Description

Sometimes the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) Telco wants the outgoing calls from VOIP network to be routed only through Specific ISDN Channels/timeslots in E1/T1.

Requirement/ Issue: When Extension 1002 makes outbound call, Call should go out through First 1-10 channels and when Extension 1003 makes call, channels 11-14 should be used. 1002 should not be able to use channels 11-14.

Sample Outgoing Call flow from VOIP Network to PSTN Network

ISDN specific ch routing-1.bmp

Solution

Here is the solution with the configuration commands to route the outbound calls from VOIP Network to PSTN Operator through Specific ISDN Channels in E1/T1.

Sample Configuration

Restriction of outbound calls through Specific ISDN channels in E1/T1 is implemented using Dial-Peer Class of Restriction (COR) command in Cisco IOS gateway.

Following command needs to be issued on the Gateway:

controller E1 0/1/0

trunk-group first timeslots 1-10
trunk-group sec timeslots 11-14

!

dial-peer cor custom
name 1002
name 1003

! --- Configure dial-peer cor custom and assign a meaningful name that specifies the way CORs (Class Of Restriction) apply to dial-peers

!
dial-peer cor list 1002
member 1002

! --- Create the actual lists of the restrictions that apply to the dial-peer

!
dial-peer cor list 1003
member 1003

!
dial-peer voice 2000 pots
trunkgroup sec
corlist outgoing 1002
destination-pattern 2...
forward-digits all

! --- Create POTS dial-peer and specify the COR list to be used for outbound call

!
dial-peer voice 1002 voip
corlist incoming 1002
answer-address 1002

! --- Create VOIP dial-peer and specify the COR list to be used

!
dial-peer voice 1003 voip
corlist incoming 1003
answer-address 1003

! --- Create VOIP dial-peer and specify the COR list to be used

!
dial-peer voice 2222 pots
trunkgroup first
corlist outgoing 1003
destination-pattern 2...
forward-digits all

! --- Create POTS dial-peer and specify the COR list to be used for outbound call

!

Related Information

Comments
dolphine55
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing it's a very good idea !

Thank you Tina.

juankcs85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

it's necessary somethis additional? i have a 2900 series router and this commands does not exist

maheshgunaratne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using E1 on 2921 router for external calls from CUCM.

I need to route external calls from one internal ext.(3488) via only specific channel.(channel-18)

Reason to do that is telco will assign the caller ID for external call base on Line circuit as in their config.

Thanks.

Yuen
Level 1
Level 1
thanks a lot very helpful help me resolve a big problem. ^_^
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links