Views
Helpful
Replies

PSIRT Automation

ryansharpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm looking to create some automation between PSIRTs and our ITSM processes. The script I'm writing is having issues filtering on the FirstPublished attribute.

from openVulnQuery import query_client

Client = query_client.OpenVulnQueryClient(client_id="xxxxxxxxxxxxxx", client_secret="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")

advisories = Client.get_by_severity(FirstPublished('2018-01-01', '2018-05-15'), adv_format='cvrf', severity='high' )

for i in advisories:

print i.advisory_id

print i.advisory_title

print i.sir

print i.cves

It produces the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "getVuln2.py", line 5, in <module>

advisories = Client.get_by_severity(FirstPublished('2018-01-01', '2018-05-15'), adv_format='cvrf', severity='high' )

NameError: name 'FirstPublished' is not defined

The example here: https://github.com/CiscoPSIRT/openVulnAPI/tree/master/openVulnQuery has FirstPublished at the end of the arguments. When I execute it, it throws the error:

File "getVuln2.py", line 5

advisories = Client.get_by_severity(adv_format='cvrf', severity='high', FirstPublished('2018-01-01', '2018-05-15'))

I'm trying to go through the other various python files to determine how to add this filter, but I'm having a hard time deciphering it. I could write my own filter I suppose, but I'd rather not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryansharpe
Level 1
Level 1

Found my problem the instance variable need to be set then call as an object.

client = query_client.OpenVulnQueryClient(client_id="xxxxx", client_secret="xxxxx")

filter = query_client.FirstPublishedFilter('2017-06-01', '2018-05-21')

advisories = client.get_by_all(adv_format='cvrf', all_adv='all', filter=filter)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ryansharpe
Level 1
Level 1

Found my problem the instance variable need to be set then call as an object.

client = query_client.OpenVulnQueryClient(client_id="xxxxx", client_secret="xxxxx")

filter = query_client.FirstPublishedFilter('2017-06-01', '2018-05-21')

advisories = client.get_by_all(adv_format='cvrf', all_adv='all', filter=filter)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: