cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SN2INFO API giving 403 Forbidden after some time

Wayne Knight
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a weekly data refresh on about 40000 serial numbers with the SN2Info API. Initially when I setup this weekly data refresh it was working fine. Now I am getting timeouts on every 3-5 requests, each request contains 50 serial numbers. I have even reduced this down to 10 per API call and still get the timeouts. I can work through the timeouts as my script does a retry and eventually gets the data.
Lately I am now getting HTTP 403 errors and even with adding a delay between responses, I cannot get around this. The 403 errors will only start once I am about halfway through the serial numbers. I have to manually keep retrying the next day but still get the 403 sometime through the data. Once I get 403, I cannot even restart my script as some backend process is denying my access. I have to wait a few hours or next day before it works again.

Any way Cisco can improve the backend API. 

1 Reply 1

Wayne Knight
Level 1
Level 1

Further update on this.... the timeouts are causing me to go over the 1000 calls per day limit, which produces the 403 error.  I have changed my timeout from 5 seconds to 10 seconds and now getting fewer timeouts. I have also implemented multiple API keys, so once it reaches a 403 it can cycle to the next key. I doubt I will need the second key as I should be just under the 1000 calls limit.