Views
Helpful
Replies

Some advisories have incorrectly formatted product fields

mjimmieson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've written a VBA module to download and import the cvrf and oval data into Access 2010

I've noticed the following advisories in cvrf xml have incorrectly formatted product fields

cisco-sa-19980122-aaapair

<productName>Analog Signaling (E &amp;amp</productName>

<productName> M, DID, FXS, FXO)</productName>

cisco-sa-20110601-ac

<productName>text/html</productName>

<productName>charset=UTF-8&quot;/&gt; ... </productName>

<productName> Services&quot; ... </productName>

cisco-sa-20070829-ccm

<productName>Analog Signaling (E &amp;amp</productName>

<productName> M, DID, FXS, FXO)</productName>

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Omar Santos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for reporting this to us. We are looking into the problem. It looks like this only affects advisories published prior to 2012. We will update you once we have resolved the issue. Thank you!

Thanks Omar - one of those product strings is about 7,000 1,875 characters which throws an error on text field limit of 255 when importing.

Also how is the software checker API coming along ? - it's the missing piece of the puzzle

Thanks

Omar Santos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you mjimmieson!

Yes indeed! Most of those are legacy advisories imported from an older system. We are working on removing the product associations from them. Some of those date back to 1998 ;-)

Regarding the integration with IOS software checker, I have great news! We now have the full integration!

I documented this in the following document and we will also have reference client code available in GitHub for the new support.

Cisco PSIRT openVuln API and Cisco IOS Software Checker

Thanks again!

Omar