cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Temmokan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are developing a network monitoring piece of software. To create monitoring presets, we would need to actually access a number of Cisco devices (via HTTPS/SNMP), within a sandbox environment.

I noticed there are several 'Cisco devices on rent' kind of services on the Net, but still waiting for response from them. Are there any well-known 'devices on rent' kind of services, with Cisco devices available?

Thanks.

Comments
LanDownUnda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Temmokan,

Cool stuff making some monitoring software. Might I recommend using something like Cisco VIRL which is what the DevNet Sandbox's run off? That way you can play with different SNMP, RestConf, NetConf protocols which might break the T&C's of the publically available DevNet Sandboxes?

I hope this helps!

Temmokan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for suggestion. I visited a few "always on" labs at DevNet Sandbox, to have an impression; before investing into VIRL, I'd like to find a lab allowing to connect via SNMP to the emulated network/device(s).

LanDownUnda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not a bad idea at all! The Sandboxes on the Devnet website won't actually show you VIRL because its a backend system used to emulate the various Cisco iOS platforms.

There are rack rental companies out there that you can pay to reserve an amount of time with some devices. They are typically used for Labbing. Depending on how many devices you want ect the costs can vary.

I hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links