Views
Helpful
Replies

4G LTE USB modem support available on Cisco SMB

dariogustin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

Is there a equipment, product, or appliance with support of 4G USB modem connection in which I would be able to attach Ethernet devices like PCs, APs, or any other RJ45 Ethernet connector device?

I'm working in a Cisco Digital Media Solution. I have 44 remote sites (DMPs) in different networks, each site needs to connect with the main Server so I need to establish a VPN from each site to the Headquarters. The problem is that I'm only able to connect each site via 4G USB modem because it´s needed the mobility feature, so I'm looking for a device or equipment which allow me to receive the 4G USB Modem, convert it to a RJ45 Ethernet connection and also support VPN connections.

Do you know any solution?

regards

1 Reply 1

joroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello darioqustin,

I believe the device that will solve your issue is the RV320 Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router.

It has the following features which will help in your situation:

• Dual USB ports support a 3G/4G modem or flash drive. The WAN can also fail over to the 3G/4G modem connected to the USB port.
  • Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 ports
  • One 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 Internet (WAN) port
  • One 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 DMZ/Internet (WAN) port

Here is a link to the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps10907/ps9923/ps11997/data_sheet_c78-726132_ps9923_Products_Data_Sheet.html

I hope this helps solve your issue.