Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue in Configuring Linksys RV042 router

Jon987654
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing some issues in configuring the Linksys RV042 router with dual WAN configuration. We are having two internet connection and I want to perform the "Load balancing" between the two internet connections. I have followed the RV042 manual and configured the router.

But while using the Linksys RV042 for load balancing the "Outlook 2007" and "MSN" are frequently disconnecting in the client machines. We could not use the Linksys RV042 router because of this issue.

We are using the "Static IP" for the two internet connection and configured with manual. We are facing issue only in "Outlook" and "MSN" but I can browse the sites without any issues.

Is there any configurtaions needed? Please help us to get the solution in this issue.

If you need any more details please mail me @ manikandan@quadra.asia

Thanks in Advance,

R. Manikandan.

1 Reply 1

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

R. Manikandan,

Without knowing more about your configuration, and the reason for "Outlook" and "MSN" disconnecting.  I would suggest that you look at the following documentation for setting up "Dual WAN" on the RV042.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9923/products_qanda_item09186a0080a36632.shtml

It sounds like you may need to setup "Protocol Bindings" for your SMTP traffic to be directed out a specific WAN port.

If you continue to have issues, please let us know.

Darren