cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netgear/Greenbow VPN Clients with RV220W?

thegannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are considering purchasing a RV220W router to replace an ageing Netgear FVS318 but we would like to be reasonably sure that it will work with a few of our VPN clients we are currently using...

A couple of us use 'thegreenbow' VPN client software, thegreenbow themselves have a configuration guide for the 120W - is the 220W the same ?

Another user has a client built into their router at home that they would like to continue using.  Their router is a Netgear DGND3300.

Does anyone know if the given clients will work with the RV220W?

Thanks in advance,

-- Peter.

4 Replies 4

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Peter,

We have had several engineers assist and recommend GreenBow as a VPN service with the RV220W. The support line stops at our VPN configuration on the router, we can't support the GreenBow software, but yes we have seen it work.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Hi Randy,

Thanks, that's great to know.

Do you have any information about the Netgear - or Netgear clients in general?

Thanks in advance,

-- Peter.

Peter,

I have an RV220W and I established a Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel with a Netgear router and verified that it worked for an hour or two. I only did this to test if it would work and then disconnected the tunnel. I do not remember the model number of the Netgear router but I think the test was done with the latest firmware (1.0.3.5) on the RV220W.

We cannot guarantee compatibility with third party routers and we don't have them available to test with unless we know someone that has one. I would say it's certainly worth a try and the RV220W has been a great router.

Hi thanks for that

We have taken the plunge and ordered one, I will update when (hopefully) all is working...

Thanks again,

-- Peter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: