cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W and QuickVPN problem

abudef000
Level 1
Level 1

I have some trouble with RV110W CSB router and QuickVPN software. When QuickVPN connection is established and internet connection is interrupted or QuickVPN client is terminated (without using Disconnect) afterwards, QuickVPN can not connect to server again until the router is restarted.

4 Replies 4

qumartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have connected a rv110w in the lab and setup a qvpn connection. To best simulate your problem I connected a pc behind a router and connected to the qvpn. The next step I took after connecting successfully with qvpn  was to disconnect the wan connect from the router to interrupt the Internet connection. Then I reconnected the internet connection to the WAN. Then I checked to see if I could I still ping. I could not ping so that let me know that I had lost the qvpn connection.

I closed the qvpn by not using the disconnect button. Then after waiting a few minutes I would try and reconnect using the qvpn software and it reconnected each time. Note: the only time it would not reconnected if I tried to reconnect right away. So a question for you how long are you waiting before you retry to connect using the qvpn?

The reasons maybe that it takes a little bit for the router to see that the connection is no longer there for connections lost that are not normal. What I mean is when you close qvpn improperly and also when the location you are at loses internet connectivty. So for this type of disconnects you my need to wait a few minutes before trying to reconnect using the qvpn software.

Please let me know if this has been helpful.

Thanks

Q

Sometimes new connection is possible after few minute, sometimes not. I tried reconnect for within 9 hours without success! I set up more accounts to verify if only concrete one is affected, but apparently whole IPsec VPN provider is unavailable. Other router functions works properly – this is possible to check remotely through PPTP vpn, which works continually even in case of connection problem etc.

I tested the same scenario with RVS4000 and WRV200 on the same infrastructure without any problem.

If it is possibility to acquire debug log from the router and QuickVPN, please let me know how to do it.

Can you confirm if this issue is still being seen with the latest RV110W firmware v1.0.1.6?

I can not, because I returned the router to the store ...