cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W outbound firewall issue with firmware 1.0.3.10

davidmiller5
Level 1
Level 1

Since updating our RV180W to the current firmware (1.0.3.10) it has suffered from a major problem. We use scheduled firewall access rules to block internet access for some users (identified by IP address) at certain times of day. Sometimes these rules must be disabled or the schedules changed.

With the latest firmware, temporarily disabling a rule causes ALL other outbound firewall rules to be ignored. The only way that we have found to fix the problem is to restart the router.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Is there a workaround (other than restarting) or solution?

Thanks in advance,

David

2 Replies 2

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community.  Could you please share with us some screenshots of your ACL configuration? That information will be appreciated in order to help you with your inconvenience.

Thank you, I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Luis,

Simple rule in RV180W  like Respond to Ping on WAN, once activated(enabled) you have to restart the router to get the rule for good disabled.Even if an  ACL is in place is useless and you have to reboot the box. I tested this with FW 1.0.3.10.

Please provide a solution.

Thank you,

Marian