cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV260 with two IPSec tunnels to same remote endpoint

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I have two subnets at the corp office that I need to connect to using IPSec.  The RV260 does not seem to allow me to do this.  When I try to create the second site-to-site tunnel it tells me that I cannot have identical local WAN and  remote id entries.  I tried to work around this by using IP address of the corp VPN gateway for one subnet and FQDN of the corp VPN gateway for the 2nd subnet but the RV does not want to bring up the tunnel that uses FQDN.  I also tried using two IKE1 profiles but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mathias Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

If the RV260 works the same as the RV340, you don't set up 2 separate tunnels, instead you add both subnets to an IP Address Group that you then use when setting up the site 2 site connection.

Use "Remote IP Type:" IP Group and then refer to the IP Address Group with the subnets. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mathias Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

If the RV260 works the same as the RV340, you don't set up 2 separate tunnels, instead you add both subnets to an IP Address Group that you then use when setting up the site 2 site connection.

Use "Remote IP Type:" IP Group and then refer to the IP Address Group with the subnets. 

you da man!

Thank you