cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527W Multiple VPNs

Phil Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a SRP527W for a remote site.

It needs to connect back to our Central Office, (via an ASA) which has several VLANs configured. 

I have entered the configuration for an IKE policy, and one for an IPSec policy (I can only enter one ip/subnet per IPSec policy)

When I try to create a 2nd IPSec policy, if I point to the existing IKE policy, I get an error stating "IKE policy has been used by other IPSec policy"

If I try to create a new IKE policy, using a different name, but with the same parameters, it shows an error stating the policy is a replica of an existing policy.

If I create a new IKE policy, but use a different pre-shared key, then it is accepted by the 2nd IPSec policy, but that would mean I would have to create 2 seperate tunnels on the ASA, each using a different pre-shared key.  I have never needed to do this for any of the other routers we have connected.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Phil, it is correct, you will need a separate tunnel for each subnet. This is how most of the SB products are designed as a limitation to their 'larger brothers'.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/