Helpful
Comments
smallbusiness
Community Manager
Community Manager

Article ID:5009

Dongle Support for the RV130 and RV130W Multifunction VPN Routers

Objective

The Cisco RV130 VPN Router and RV130W Wireless-N Multifunction VPN Router provide simple, affordable, highly secure, business-class connectivity to the Internet from small home offices, and remote locations. They are equipped with a Universal Serial Bus (USB) port to allow 3G and 4G Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity that is perfect for remote regions or temporary connectivity.

This article lists the 3G and 4G USB dongles supported by the RV130 and RV130W, as well as the troubleshooting steps to follow in case a particular 3G or 4G dongle is not working.

Note: While trying to accommodate support for most of the current 3G and 4G dongles advertised by the Service Providers in different parts of the world, it may not be possible to support every 3G and 4G USB dongle. If the list does not contain any dongle supported for your geographic location, contact the Cisco Support team or send us an email at dongle_support@cisco.com. Resource permitting, Cisco will try to support the dongle in future firmware releases.

Applicable Devices

• RV130
  • RV130W

Software Version

Supported 3G and 4G USB Dongles

Service Provider

Manufacturer

USB Model

Technology

Huawei

E8372h-153*

4G/LTE

Huawei

E3372s-153*

4G/LTE

T-mobile

Huawei

E3276s-920*

4G/LTE

Telstra

Netgear (Sierra Wireless)

AirCard 312U (Telstra)

4G/LTE

Verizon

Novatel

U620L*

4G/LTE

Verizon

Pantech

UML290

4G/LTE

AT&T

Huawei

E368 (AT&T USBConnect Force 4G)

4G

AT&T, UK

AirCard USB 308

4G

Vodafone

Huawei

K4505

3G

Huawei

E160

3G

Huawei

E172

3G

Huawei

E180

3G

Huawei

E220

3G

Huawei

E270

3G

Huawei

E272

3G

Vodafone

Huawei

E226

3G

Huawei

E182E

3G

Tata Docomo

Huawei

EC1261

3G

Vodafone

Huawei

K3565

3G

Vodafone

Huawei

K3765

3G

AT&T

AirCard USB 306

3G

Sprint

AirCard 595U

3G

Compass 596

3G

Verizon

Pantech

UM175VW

3G

* Available in Beta Software Support

3G and 4G USB Dongle Connectivity Troubleshooting

In case a particular 3G or 4G USB dongle is not working with the Cisco RV130 or RV130W Router, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the connectivity. Contact the Cisco Support team if you need further assistance.

Gather the following information prior to contacting Cisco for support:

• RV130 or RV130W Serial Number
  • 3G or 4G USB Dongle Model
  • 3G or 4G USB Dongle Manufacturer
  • 3G or 4G USB Dongle Firmware or Driver version
  • Supported technology (3G/4G)
  • Service Provider
  • Country
  • IP Address Mode — Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
  • Internet Service Protocol (ISP) Credentials — Dial #, Access Point Name (APN), Username, and Password to access 3G or 4G service.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. I have an existing 3G/4G USB dongle that is not recognized by the router. What should I do?

Check the 3G/4G USB dongle Support Matrix for RV130 and RV130W Router to see if your USB dongle is in the supported list. If not, find an alternate USB dongle from the list that is supported by your ISP.

2. My router recognized the 3G/4G USB dongle, yet I do not get an IP address. What should I do?

Make sure that all the ISP-related credentials (Dial #, APN, Username, and Password) are properly entered into the router. Also, check with your ISP to ensure that the 3G or 4G USB dongle you are using is supported and is provisioned.

3. My 3G/4G USB dongle is not on the supported list. What should I do?

If there is an alternate 3G/4G USB dongle on the list that is supported by your ISP, you may use that USB dongle. If not, email dongle_support@cisco.com. Resource permitting, Cisco will try to support the 3G or 4G dongle in future firmware releases.

4. I have a 3G/4G USB dongle that is on the supported list. Can I use it with any Service Provider?

While the router may recognize the 3G or 4G USB dongle, the Internet connectivity through the USB dongle depends upon the ISP support for the 3G or 4G USB dongle. You may need to check with your ISP to ensure that your 3G or 4G USB dongle is supported before using it with the RV130 or RV130W Router.

5. I have a 3G/4G USB dongle that is in the supported list, but is not recognized by the router. What should I do?

The 3G or 4G USB dongles are typically supported by specific driver versions on the USB dongle. If the driver version of the dongle is different from what is supported by the router, the 3G or 4G dongle may or may not work with the RV130 or RV130W Router. Report the issue to the Cisco Support team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: