Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Isolation on Cisco SG250-26HP switch

kevin.pasciolla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco SG250-26HP switch and I would like to be able to split this switch in two.

I need to connect two routers and therefore two DHCP. Port 1 to 12 will be for one network and port 13 to 24 for another.

But I have to do this without using VLAN, the idea is to do as if I had two switches.

I've already managed to do a similar configuration a few years ago, it seems that it was with a Layer 2.5 HP or Tplink switch I do not remember well ... But it was impossible to find this option on my SG250-26HP.

Is it possible to do it with this model?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>....But I have to do this without using VLAN

The basic question is WHY ? Because that is the standard-technology for that purpose.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Peter __
Level 1
Level 1

You do know you can do VLANs that are untagged?

In my SG350-10 in port management > port settings you can run ports in protected state but thats not getting to help you...

Thinking of another way if the SG250-26HP supports it is to do a ACL rule for DHCP ports and in QoS Advanced Mode map it to a class, policy table then in Policy Class Maps select Traffic Redirect to port 1 then bind it to port 2 with Default Action permit any do that for 2-12 and for 14 to 24 do a another class, policy table then in Policy Class Maps select Traffic Redirect to port 13 bind to ports 14 to 24...its so crazy it might work!