cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement of firewall on SG200 network

DDussault
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network of a couple of SG200, SG220, SG250 switches and I need to replace my firewall which is my default gateway for my network and a couple of VLAN's configured on the switches and on the Firewall

When I replace my firewall which is configured on the same IP and has a copy of the configuration from the old unit, everything on the VLAN's stops working, I have tried a reboot of the switches after talking to my firewall vendor but still no go and they also checked my firewall config and everything is good on that side. When I plug back the original gateway and reboot the switches everything works back like a charm.I tried to plug the wires to the same port to see if it would be a port configuration but still the same problem.

Is there a table in the switches that would keep the MAC address of the firewall for routing ? or anyone has another idea ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may want to clear the arp-table on  the switches.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

ok now the stupid question, where is the arp-table on the switches can't find them on the sg2xx model so i can delete them

You can clear the content of the switch ARP table using the clear arp-switch command. Details on:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf200e/command_line_reference/OL-22850.pdf 

Regards,

Martin