cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200 Crashes When Disabling Smartport

Jkisler99
Level 1
Level 1

I just setup a new SG200-26FP and was having a problem with our polycom phones and noticed i still had Smartport enable, but when i try to disable it, it locks up and i cant login to it until i power cycle it. 

Any idea or things to try? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yep, you're right, my mistake, sorry.

in that case:

• disable smartport feature on specific (free) switch-port only (not globally)
  • set correct management VLAN on that port (same VLAN as your switch IP a part is)
  • connect to that port with your PC/laptop and open switch management WebGUI
  • and disable smartports globally and/or per-port basis. 
  • now you shouldn't get disconnected as your port is already smartport-disabled.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

I don't think that switch crashes. I would say that with disabling smartport feature you just get kicked from switch due to resetting switch port configuration (to default?). Reboot in your case helped because your configuration wasn't saved and it get restored (incl. reenabling smartport feature) after reboot.

The best would be to do it with using console connectivity.

When you say Console do you mean plugging into the back using a Seral cable? If so looks like SG200s do not have that. 

Did a little more reading and saw this post on here

The SG200 has no CLI interface, so there's no way to enable telnet or SSH access.

I may just call cisco for support then.. 

Thanks! 

yep, you're right, my mistake, sorry.

in that case:

• disable smartport feature on specific (free) switch-port only (not globally)
  • set correct management VLAN on that port (same VLAN as your switch IP a part is)
  • connect to that port with your PC/laptop and open switch management WebGUI
  • and disable smartports globally and/or per-port basis. 
  • now you shouldn't get disconnected as your port is already smartport-disabled.