FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

my setup is:

1 UC560

2 SG300-10P

2 SG300-24P

All switches were sitting at the 1.1.2.0 firmware and were integrated within my Cisco Configuratione Assistant (CCA) for easy VLAN management accross all devicse.

Now I purchased another SG300-52P as our network grows. It came with a newer firmware, so I decided to upgrade ALL my SG300 to 1.3.5.58.

After doing so I wanted to add the SG300-52P to my site. It first pops a certifcate waringen (self signed) probably since the newer firmware added HTTPS support and then cam the password dialog box. The switch wont accept my password (which is still factory default cisco). Also the old upgraded switch will not authenticate anymore with CCA. I rebootet one switch to the old Firmware and it can authenticate with the CCA very will.

So I guess sth. was added which prevents CCA to authenticate with SG300s at current firmware versions?!

Is this a known issue?

regards,

Fabian

3 Replies 3

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again,

I did some more research on the issue.

I downgraded a switch to the 2nd most recent firmware (1.3.0.62) and with this Fimware CCA works just fine - SSH, HTTPS and all the other features are already present within the firmware. The other thing that changed for the 1.3.5 is the bootloader (which I did upgrade correctly).

Can anyone confirm this? - I get 2 or 3 password windows within CCA for the "Admin" realm, after that I get another window which says "telnet" after that I get auth failed. I also tried enabling telnet on the switch - connecting throug putty works and it gets me level 15.

regards

Fabian

Hello, ... again ... :-)

I opened a support case. Support told me they removed CCA support with the release of 1.3.5. Series 300 switches are stille advertised as CCA supported - I couldn't find anything about the CCA removal in the changelog of the firmware files! Being unable to add the 300 series switches to CCA makes the tool pretty much unusable to manage my voice deployment. This is really a bummer!

regards,

Fabian

And again,

cisco contacted me again - the problem will be fixed in future firmware release - I also was offered access to a beta firmware. Apparently the initial information given to me by cisco was wrong.

regards,

Fabian