cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wondering if my EG008W ver. 2 8-Port Gigabit Switch is Dead...

BigAl5511
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread but I was told that Cisco Small Business Support Community was now handling these products.

I bought a 8-Port Gigabit Switch (EG008W ver. 2) on eBay and was told it was working perfectly. Well as I try to set the Switch up only the Power light comes on (internal fan also starts up). None of the lights for the Link/Act, Speed and FDX come on when I connect a network cable to any of the 8-ports and my computer or network.

So I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or is the switch dead?

Many thanks...

Alfred

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Alfred,

Unfortunately you were given incorrect information. The EG008W is a Linksys by Cisco Home Product not a Cisco Small Business product.

The best place to get your question answered is Linksys Support for your EG008W switch: http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/EG008W/download

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X