Views
Helpful
Replies

Fiab Names

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Is it ok to have x2 Fiab nodes on different Fabric sites with the same name could this cause issues or is it ok.??

BARC-FIAB   site 1  172.18.18.150

BARC-FIAB   site 2 172.18.18.234

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I dont think it is a good idea as this can cause confusion in future troubleshooting or management.  If you have some inventory tool like CMDB for example this can cause you problem in the future. 

But, ultimately the FIAB name is basically like a hostname and there will no decision from the network perspective based on this information specifically.  If you are aware and ok with the problem it may cause with troubleshooting, monitoring and inventory, I believe you are good. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi

I dont think it is a good idea as this can cause confusion in future troubleshooting or management.  If you have some inventory tool like CMDB for example this can cause you problem in the future. 

But, ultimately the FIAB name is basically like a hostname and there will no decision from the network perspective based on this information specifically.  If you are aware and ok with the problem it may cause with troubleshooting, monitoring and inventory, I believe you are good. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: