Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Architect

Multiple Cisco DNA Center clusters must be the same release to integrate with the same Cisco ISE cluster.

Do these clusters need to be the same appliance?

I have two DN2-HW-APL-XL and one DN2-HW-APL-U. Can I have one DN2-HW-APL-XL as author node and DN2-HW-APL-XL or DN2-HW-APL-U configured as a reader node?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Unlike appliance types are fully supported as Author and Reader nodes. No such restrictions on Cisco ISE. But point to consider, once you have a mix of different appliance types the number of Virtual network across author and reader  will fall to lowest common denominator/ Value.. please refer to deployment guide I had authored related to this feature Incase you haven’t so far.

Also Note, this feature is Limited Availability feature which means you need Cisco’s Business unit Approval prior to deploying. refer to page 13 in the below document for more info..

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/Multi_Cisco_DNA_Center_to_Cisco_ISE_Deployment_Guide.pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

From the High Availability guide, to build a HA cluster you need 3 nodes. It can only be done with the same appliance size. With 2-nodes you don't achieve HA.

As you have two of the XL version, you can deploy them in disaster recovery for production and your 3rd 44-core appliance is highly valuable for a lab deployment. Where you can test things out before making the changes in productions.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

My question was not regarding high availability, I have 3 clusters and one of the clusters is DN2-HW-APL-U.

One cluster using DN2-HW-APL-U and Two clusters using DN2-HW-APL-U.
One of this cluster is an author node and I want to know if I can use DN2-HW-APL-U as reader node.
I was reading that Multiple Cisco DNA Center clusters must be the same release to integrate with the same Cisco ISE cluster.
Do these clusters need to be the same appliance?

3 Node Cluster to be same models in 1 cluster,  if you have 3 different cluster across network, that should be ok i guess.

as long as they have matrix and compatability version you can integrate with ISE.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

Unlike appliance types are fully supported as Author and Reader nodes. No such restrictions on Cisco ISE. But point to consider, once you have a mix of different appliance types the number of Virtual network across author and reader  will fall to lowest common denominator/ Value.. please refer to deployment guide I had authored related to this feature Incase you haven’t so far.

Also Note, this feature is Limited Availability feature which means you need Cisco’s Business unit Approval prior to deploying. refer to page 13 in the below document for more info..

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/Multi_Cisco_DNA_Center_to_Cisco_ISE_Deployment_Guide.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: