Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove a switch stack member from Plug and Play in DNAC 2.2.3.4

lauresv75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove a device which was a member of a stack from Plug and Play in an SDA fabric?
We had a stack of 2 switches from which 1 member was physically removed and now we would like to re-use this member as a standalone switch. This switch member has been removed from the inventory but unfortunately the serial number is still known in Plug and Play. Because it is still in Plug and Play we are not able to provision this switch and when we try to delete the stack from Plug and Play, we get the following error message : Failed to delete device: 'Switch-xxx'NCOB01313: Delete device(FCWxxxxxxxx) from Inventory, so we're stuck and can't use this switch on another location in this SDA fabric.

Regards

4 Replies 4

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the other switch from the stack still in Inventory?  Do you see both Serial numbers listed in the serial number column?  I think you will need remove that switch from inventory as well and add it back to the fabric as a standalone.  Then you should be able to delete if from PnP page.

Hi Preston,

No, it has been removed from the inventory after a resync of the device. We only see the Serial number of the active device 'FCW2403BH63'.

lauresv75_1-1705004271797.png

But we still see the device with the Serial number of the removed switch 'FCW2403DHN8' in PnP.

lauresv75_2-1705004344234.png

As long as we can't remove this Serial number, I think we won't be able to provision the switch as a standalone.

Regards

As long as we can't remove this Serial number, I think we won't be able to provision the switch as a standalone.

that is correct you need to remove the device from inventory to make a new stack or device to provision, since DNAC already know the SR No of the device.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok.  Please open a TAC case.