Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-Access External RP & MC-source

Hi there

i'm trying to figure out configuration use-case for the Subject. I've read Cisco SD-Access Multicast - Cisco Community but it seems to use RP on the BN instead of expected RP on the FHR.

1. Would we still have (*,G) entry on the FE like this?

(*, 227.7.7.7), 1d01h/stopped, RP 9.253.253.2, flags: SJC <-- address of external RP on FHR
  Incoming interface: LISP0.4099, RPF nbr 9.254.254.66, LISP: [9.254.254.66, 232.0.3.170]

2. on the br-2?

br-2#sh ip mroute vrf corp 227.7.7.7 verbose
(*, 227.7.7.7), 00:41:40/00:03:20, RP 9.253.253.2, flags: Sp
  Incoming interface: Vlan3049, RPF nbr 9.253.253.2

3. We wouldnt have any RP configured within Fabric, right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy, my lab is offline at the moment so giving a theoretical answer without validating. #3 is definitely correct, there is no RP within the SD-Access Fabric when you nominate RP outside the fabric from the Multicast Configuration Workflow. #1 and #2, this looks correct to me and makes sense to me. Ideally I'd prefer to validate on the CLI of a real switch but cannot right now. Lab should be back online next week if you need CLI validation. Cheers, Jerome

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are these outputs from your lab or from the document? I cannot find the first output.

*,G can be created by either an IGMP membership report (LHR) or along the S,G in the FHR

2.  BR2 in this case seems to know the RP upstream vlan 3049, where RPF resolves, this is an output of RP outside of the fabric

the output i gave is modified output from referred document assuming that RP is on the FHR instead of BN. Basically now i'm pretty sure that answers would be 'yes' for all 3 questions.

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy, my lab is offline at the moment so giving a theoretical answer without validating. #3 is definitely correct, there is no RP within the SD-Access Fabric when you nominate RP outside the fabric from the Multicast Configuration Workflow. #1 and #2, this looks correct to me and makes sense to me. Ideally I'd prefer to validate on the CLI of a real switch but cannot right now. Lab should be back online next week if you need CLI validation. Cheers, Jerome

thanks Jerom
no need to Lab as we on the same page

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: