cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-Access FIAB - anchored guest SSID support?

Hi, 

I am trying to deploy a Guest SSID on an SD-Access Fabric-in-a-box (9300LM with embedded WLC) operating in mixed mode.  The Guest SSID will in non-Fabric mode anchored to another 9800-L-F-K9 anchor WLC in the DMZ.  

I have created and added the Guest SSID to the wireless profile in DNAC however it seems I can only provision any 'non-fabric SSIDs' on sites with dedicated WLCs, but not FIAB WLCs, and are not included in the provisioning profiles.   

I am trying to understand whether it is supported on the FIAB, whether provisioning the SSID from DNAC or manually?

FIAB 17.9.3

DNAC 2.2.3.5

Thanks

6 Replies 6

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David, Catalyst 9000 switch Embedded WLC only supports Fabric Enabled Wireless. Centrally switched and Locally Switched not supported, so the scenario you propose won't work, you'll need to use a Fabric guest SSID or move to WLC appliance. Regards, Jerome

Hi Jerome, TAC advised I can deploy the non-Fabric SSID manually on the FIAB eWLC but just can't deploy it via a DNAC profile.   What do you think?

Hi David, this is not correct, please ask the TAC engineer to contact me so I can set the record straight. Catalyst 9000 switch Embedded WLC only supports Fabric-Enabled Wireless SSIDs. Regards, Jerome

Hi Jedolphi, 

Just reading this thread and want to query what you said as I'll be doing something similar. You say the EWC on 9k don't support local or central switched SSID, only Fabric. What is the data path for this? Similar to Flex connect or is the traffic centrally switched at the WLC for Fabric Wireless? 

VXLAN tunnel from fabric AP to adjacent edge node, then VXLAN tunnel from edge node to determined xTR node (either another one edge node or BN). configuration on the switch-port for fabric AP is like it was in local mode.

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@GRANT3779 , Andy is correct. Sorry about not being more clear on my language, let me be more precise please: Catalyst 9000 Embedded WLC does not support centrally switched wireless or FlexConnect wireless. It DOES support Fabric-Enabled Wireless which works as Andy Described. HTH.