Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-Access Transit Multicast support

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently assessing the SD-Access Transit for a multi-site SDA deployment.

At CLEUR2020, I've noted that multicast was not supported between sites when using such type of transit.

I'm unable to find a documentation stating whether or not multicast is now supported with newer DNAC versions.

Does someone have this information please?

Regards,

Sylvain.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. At this moment multicast between Fabric Sites over SD-Access Transit is not supported. We have multicast support committed to a future release. Pub/Sub SD-Access Transit will be mandatory. It's too early to reveal the supported scenarios and prerequisites in a public forum but if you need to know more about when/how then your Cisco SE or AM should be able to provide additional information. Best regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

Hi Sylvian, if you are asking for multicast flowing from DC,  over an IP Transit, to a single Fabric Site which is also connected to SD-Access Transit, then the that is fine. The limitation/restriction comes if you try to carry multicast between Fabric Sites over SD-Access Transit. Best regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 I've noted that multicast was not supported between sites when using such type of transit.

Do you mean 2 SDA or Multi-site deployment?

check this below information may be helpful :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/cisco-sd-access-multicast/ta-p/4068110

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. At this moment multicast between Fabric Sites over SD-Access Transit is not supported. We have multicast support committed to a future release. Pub/Sub SD-Access Transit will be mandatory. It's too early to reveal the supported scenarios and prerequisites in a public forum but if you need to know more about when/how then your Cisco SE or AM should be able to provide additional information. Best regards, Jerome

Thank you Jerome! I will contact my local Cisco representative.

What if both my multicast source and Rendezvous-Point are in the datacenter?!

Can I still use SD-Access Transit between sites?

IP-Transit still needed to reach datacenter, right?

Best regards,

Sylvain.

Hi Sylvian, if you are asking for multicast flowing from DC,  over an IP Transit, to a single Fabric Site which is also connected to SD-Access Transit, then the that is fine. The limitation/restriction comes if you try to carry multicast between Fabric Sites over SD-Access Transit. Best regards, Jerome

Thank you, it answers my question.

Best regards,

Sylvain.

anshshar@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on some of the confusion over this from some customers, I wanted to clarify that Multicast over SDA-Transit is supported now with Pub/Sub. Here is the cisco live link with details:

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2024/pdf/BRKENS-2820.pdf

Please reach out to your Cisco SE or AM so customer specific requirements can be verified.

-Anshul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: