Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA and ring topology

Hello, Could anyone help me, please? How can I design a SDA scenario in a ring topology, where I have one C9607R in main site and 42 others C9407R (with access module). The ring is by 40G QSFP+ In the main site we'll have ISE, DNAC, Fusion Router and services that will connect to C9600. What Will role of each C9400 (backbone)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcus, it would also be fine to have the C9400 as a ring of 42 IN (Intermediate Nodes) with 9300L EN (Edge Node) homed to those INs. It depends on whether you want endpoints to connect directly to the C9400s, if no endpoints connect to C9400 then I agree it's better to leave them as INs in order to keep the network as simple as possible. Hope I have understood correctly. Best regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i come across SD-Access deployed in RING, SD-Access was introduced to prevent loop and move from standard Layer 2 to VXLAN. you have extended nodes in the topology.

some reference :

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/global-event/docs/2022/pdf/BRKENS-2832.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank @balaji.bandi

In this case, can I use the C9400 as a FE and configure policy extended onde?

YES I guess  since i have not tested, this only theoretical document says possible (Generally extended node used Cat 9300 or any IE switches) - but as per i know that is possible to do better check with SE and Cisco TAC for the confirmation, Cat 9400 is not a simple cost models the investment  high.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcus, so you want a 42 node ring of 9407 switches? And this ring will be a single Fabric Site? Will the 9407 switches be access switches? If yes then you can build a ring of Fabric Edge Nodes, that is supported. All EN (Fabric Edge Node) need /32 in underlay GRT for all other ENs, BNs and CPs in the Fabric Site. Use whatever IGP suits you and tune it appropriately. Regards, Jerome

@jedolphi -  this is the current idea, the C9400 with the modules to support network access and all within the same fabric. Previously, each ring node would be a backbone with uplink to two or three C9300L (access). In this scenario, I had imagined that each C9400 as an Intermediate Node and the 9300L as an Edge. But I'm trying to make the drawing as simple as possible.

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcus, it would also be fine to have the C9400 as a ring of 42 IN (Intermediate Nodes) with 9300L EN (Edge Node) homed to those INs. It depends on whether you want endpoints to connect directly to the C9400s, if no endpoints connect to C9400 then I agree it's better to leave them as INs in order to keep the network as simple as possible. Hope I have understood correctly. Best regards, Jerome

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card