Views
Helpful
Replies

Selecting Software Defined Access products and solution and best CVD

rasdagnu1
Level 1
Level 1

Dears;

We are on the verge of acquiring a SDA solution on this final stage we shall decide the amount of device that we should secure, saying this let me present my questions.

1. Since C9120AXI-E and C9130AXE-E are similar products what is the advantage one over the other and also why should one decide to go to external antenna such as C-ANT9101=  also if possible what is the coverage area for the mentioned APs

2. As a floor switch C9300-48P-A and C9200-48PB-A are considered while the price for the later is high in which I was not able to justify since it is an older series thus please give me some insight on this matter and also the parameters to consider on selecting floor switch

3. Is DN2-HW-APL has 10G interface that are built in?

Also if possible point me on the right direction on this issue.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OrlandoGM
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @rasdagnu1,

Not sure if you already figured it out but I'll share some insights:

1- C9130AX has a higher amount of radios and spatial streams, which means when facing ultra high density scenarios the C9130AX will perform better under the same conditions. Both have the RF ASIC which it's a dedicated radio for scanning in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If you are not facing an ultra high density scenario, the C9120AX should be enough. To select a proper model I would suggest a) Base your wireless design in data, voice & video, location services or a combination of them. Each design will require you to have different considerations.
b) Perform a site survey. Once you WLAN is planned, it's recommended to perform a site survey to at least identify where the APs will be placed.

2- C9200-48PB are enhanced versions of the C9200-48versions. Higher virtual networks when deploying SDA is one of the benefits. 

*Updated* 3- DNA Center physical appliance has 10G interfaces:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/nb-06-dna-center-data-sheet-cte-en.html#Hardwareappliancespecifications

Hope it helps!

OGM

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

OrlandoGM
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @rasdagnu1,

Not sure if you already figured it out but I'll share some insights:

1- C9130AX has a higher amount of radios and spatial streams, which means when facing ultra high density scenarios the C9130AX will perform better under the same conditions. Both have the RF ASIC which it's a dedicated radio for scanning in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If you are not facing an ultra high density scenario, the C9120AX should be enough. To select a proper model I would suggest a) Base your wireless design in data, voice & video, location services or a combination of them. Each design will require you to have different considerations.
b) Perform a site survey. Once you WLAN is planned, it's recommended to perform a site survey to at least identify where the APs will be placed.

2- C9200-48PB are enhanced versions of the C9200-48versions. Higher virtual networks when deploying SDA is one of the benefits. 

*Updated* 3- DNA Center physical appliance has 10G interfaces:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/nb-06-dna-center-data-sheet-cte-en.html#Hardwareappliancespecifications

Hope it helps!

OGM

it would be good to update that data**bleep**.

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@OrlandoGM 

Cisco DNA Center appliance has 2 10g interfaces.  One for Enterprise port which should be used to talk to all the managed network devices and one for the intra cluster link for appliances to talk to each other in a redundancy scenario.