Views
Helpful
Replies

6120 FC SW mode issue

Burak Atasal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I connectd my Hitachi AMS 2100 directly to the 6120 FC Exp.Mod.After that i changed the mode of 6120 from EHV to the FC SW mode.now the ports are up on the storage side also on the 6120 side.

But i have some problems and questions about it.

Right now i can not see my 6120 Interconnect WWN info from the Storage.(or should i see theese?)

Becouse i cant see that WWNs i can not configure the LUN's for the blades in side of chassis.

Is there any config guide or some other information to read or get some knowledge about how to connect and configure directly the storage to the interconnects.

2 Replies 2

rewilkin
Level 1
Level 1

if you are direct connect, the port should be configured as "appliance port" not a as uplink, this could be why you are not able to see the wwn for the 6100.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Reginald,

First of all thank you for your comments to my both posts.

Now i have a test enviroment in front of me.The UCS Manager in my test devices is Version 1.4.1(j) so i'm upgrading to 2.0.1 now.

After that i'll configure the FC ports (to directly my storage) as an appliance port.

Some guys says it's an unsupported design it can't be done.But i'll try.

Thanks again.

BR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: