cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Device Manager stopped Working

TheGoldyGopher
Level 1
Level 1

I do not change configuration on my Cisco 9132 switches often, maybe once every 18 months, so I haven't done it in a while.

Cisco Device Manager 8.2(1)

Cisco Nx-OS 8.2.1

When I recently attempted to do so I received an error that it could not find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin\javaw"

Okay, an old version of Java.   After much hassle reinstalled an old version of java and tried again.   Now I get a command prompt box flashes quickly and I cannot read and then nothing.   

Do I need a different version of the Cisco Device Manager and or the NX-OS?

1 Reply 1

MattAtAJW
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @TheGoldyGopher 

I had the same issue as you following a Java JRE Update, the Cisco Device Manager Client just stopped working with a similar error to the one you are getting.

I fixed our issue by disabling Java Updates (we only use Java for CDM client anyway on this particular system) and then editing the DeviceManager.bat file in the C:\Cisco Systems\dcm\fm\bin folder (or wherever you have installed the client).

If you edit the DeviceManager.bat file and find & replace the following line with the full path of where the correct javaw.exe is located, it should sort things out for you.

set JAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321\bin\javaw.exe

Hope that helps.

Let me know if it fixes your issue