Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Fabric Manager 5.0.7

mbagdasaryan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team!

I have software Cisco Fabric Manager 4.2a (in SAN management server based on Windows Server 2003) Standalone version, which managed our existing fabrics (we have 2) now. In case of OS "Windows 2003 server" going to End of Life/Support, we started prepare new SAN management server based on Windows Server 2008. On this new server I installed new version of software Cisco Fabric Manager 5.0.7 Standalone.

Question: Is it possible to manage by old Cisco Fabric Manager 4.2 our fabrics after discovere our (existing) fabric, from new SAN management server with C.F.M 5.0.7? Or after discovere management function of fabrics will take new server? Can I manage one fabric from two different servers with Cisco Fabric Manager Standalone software (I mean we have production SAN management server with C.F.M. and SAN management server with C.F.M. for DR site)?

4 Replies 4

jihicks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes, you can manage the same fabric with two FM Standalone instances.   But both with use CPU on the switch for SNMP polling and bot will put entries into the configuration for SNMP traps.  There are a max of 10 entries for trap destinations.   Also, be aware that these two FMs have no awareness of each other so you don't want to make changes from both at the same time.

Best regards,

Jim

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

I need two servers with FM as temporary, for implementation and test period only. After that, we will decommission old server and use only one. I asked because I never do discovery existing fabrics in FM, and not sure that if after discovery our fabrics from new server I can manage them from old server. In this case I raised this question.

As I understood that I can manage our fabrics from two different servers (with different version of FM), but not at one time. Please can you confirm.

Thanks

Hello,

You can manage from both at the same time  What I was thinking is that you would not want two people doing zoning at the same time, one from each FM.

Best regards,

Jim

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your support. 

Good luck!