cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

difference between flogi and fcns

petercinvest
Level 1
Level 1

May i know what's the difference between show fcns database command and show flogi database command, does both show the target server wwpn? if i want to show wwpn of my fc0? which command  i should use?

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

See https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/sw/rel_1_x/1_0_2/san-os/configuration/guide/MgngStorDevc.html

That has some examples of the output for both commands.

The fcns database output gives you more info about vendor and feature type for each registration, which can make it easier to determine what kind of device it is, and if it's an initiator (hba from host) vs a storage target.

There is also a show fdmi database detail command that shows some detailed info for HBAs.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In short, flogi gives you the per switch information; which end devices have done a flogi on that particular switch / vsan.

fcns gives you the same information for the fabric / vsan. Therefore you see the FC-ID which each switch of the fabric has (per vsan).

asmogili
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can use show fcns database or show int fc x/y means show int fc 1/22..

The major diff b/w flogi and fcns is flogi will give the info about host connected target info or vice versa ... fcns gives all info about vsans present on that switch we can also call it as a peer switch

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card