Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect a UCS C240 M5 To San switch

Hello Everybody!

How could I connect UCS C240 M5 Server to San Switch like MDS9148S? Do i need a UCS 6332-16UP Swich or not?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UCS C240 M5 is the Stand Alone 2 U rack mount Server it has a built-in RAID Controller and can handle internal large storage.

It got LoM 40GB  QSFP / or other port capabilities - you can directly connect to any Switches which has capabilities of 40G / 10GB depends on the Presentation you have ordered for.

I do not see a requirement here for FI or MDS switches ? until I miss something here?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

There are 4  UCS-C240 With Esxi Virtualization Implemented. and we have IBM Storage that connected to MDS Switches. I need to Present LUNs to UCS Server. How we can connect Shared Storage to UCS Server? do we need a Fiber interconnect Switch?

There are 4 UCS-C240 With Esxi Virtualization Implemented. and we have IBM Storage that connected to MDS Switches. I need to Present LUNs to UCS Server. How we can connect Shared Storage to UCS Server? do we need a Fiber interconnect Switch?

You will either need a native FC HBA card (see https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/c240m5-sff-specsheet.pdf ) or a FCOE cable switch that in turn interfaces with your MDS switches if you are wanting to use your VIC cards.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card