Views
Helpful
Replies

hyperflex doployment error

Simone Stellato
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an hyperflex cluster with 4 node (HX240c M4SX).

This is the cluster specifics:

• UCSM  version 4.0.1b
  • HX240c  version 4.0.1b
  • vmware 6.5U2 (cisco custom image for HX)
  • Hyperflex installer version 3.5.1a

I've tried to create the cluster with the hyperflex installer but the process stuck at Hyperflex Configuration step.

This is the error that give me.

hyperflex_configuration_error.PNG

Is there a way to check a more detailed log? I can't understand what is the problem.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

calopez2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please check if the UCS Rack-Mount servers have assigned IP addresses?

from the HX-EXT-MGNT pool. HX sub-org.

i.e. path ~ to assist you:

lan-pools-root-sub-org-xxx-ip pools - poolname.

Also, ensure the IP addresses in the KVM Pool shared the same subnet as the FI ext mgmt configured IP addresses.

From Equipment -> Server X -> Inventory -> CIMC -> Outbound IPv4 I can't see any configured IPv4 address, but from Lan -> Pools -> root -> Sub-Org - > hx-poc -> IP Pools -> hx-ext-mgmt.
what you with "Also, ensure the IP addresses in the KVM Pool shared the same subnet as the FI ext mgmt configured IP addresses."

EDIT:

the server are in the same subnet of FI. I can open the KVM.

dhamotharan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are doing a Hyperflex Deployment for 2-Node Edge Cluster at our workplace.

When we are going through the Hyperflex installer wizard, it is asking for the IP details of the 3 Server nodes, but as it is a 2-node cluster we gave the CIMC IP details of 2-nodes which are reachable and third node we have to give the dummy IP.

But When Deploying, it is giving us an error in Deploy Validation. For Better understanding, I will attach the Exact error Screenshot below.

Deploy-Validation-Err113.PNG

IP-Addressing-HX-Err113.PNG

Please Help With the Error here. In the second Pic, Server 3 IP address is a dummy one and we only have 2 servers. 

@dhamotharan please open a new thread if you have different issue.

What option did you pick at the beginning, on the 'general' tab?

There are two options, one is Hyperflex 'edge', and the other is 'Hyperflex with fabric interconnect'...

Can you confirm you chose Hyperflex 'edge' ?

Thanks,

Kirk...