Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS-9132T - PWWN and FCID

SJ K
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all

1) is there any command to see the WWN of all the interfaces in the FC switch ? I am using sh int at the moment

2) it is said that FCID is use to locate other switches/nodes in the fabric - what is the command to see which FCID is associated to which interface ? i use show fcdomain fcid persistent but i am not able to see the fcid of adjacent switch connected through trunk link and its connected devices even though i can see the device through show zone active

3) in show run i am seeing

fcdomain fcid database
  vsan 1 wwn 50:06:0e:80:12:54:09:00 fcid 0x9e0000 dynamic
  vsan 110 wwn 50:06:0e:80:12:54:09:00 fcid 0x890000 dynamic
  vsan 110 wwn 50:06:0e:80:12:54:09:10 fcid 0x890020 dynamic
  vsan 110 wwn 50:06:0e:80:12:54:09:21 fcid 0x890040 dynamic
  vsan 110 wwn 21:00:f4:e9:d4:0e:03:a0 fcid 0x890001 dynamic

what does dynamic means ?

Does that means any wwn that flogin into the switch will be display here ?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

dlt113
Level 1
Level 1

1) is there any command to see the WWN of all the interfaces in the FC switch ? I am using sh int at the moment

Try command:  show flogi database     It lists the wwpn and fcid of each attached device on the MDs.

2) it is said that FCID is use to locate other switches/nodes in the fabric - what is the command to see which FCID is associated to which interface ? i use show fcdomain fcid persistent but i am not able to see the fcid of adjacent switch connected through trunk link and its connected devices even though i can see the device through show zone active

Try commands:   "show topology"   - it lists all TE/portchannels and switch names attached to opposite end of the cable.

"show fcs ie"   - shows the MDS switch names and IP address for  each VSAN

3) in show run i am seeing

what does dynamic means ?

Does that means any wwn that flogin into the switch will be display here ?

Dynamic means the MDS assigned the fcid when the device was plugged in.  If persistent fcid is enabled, the device will maintain the dynamic fcid if moved to a different port interface.     Static means the fcid was assigned by the SAN admin.   Dynamic fcids not in use can be purged on a per VSAN basis with the purge command. More detail can be found in MDS configuration guide for the NX-OS you are using