cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS bladecenter Switch 9100 series

williamwbishop
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody know the best way to get this part back to factory defaults? The bladecenter management console offers the option of "restore to default" which is anything but. The thing keeps zonesets active from wherever you pulled it, resulting in an isolation. Even when I removed the active vsan, it still has issues. I think only a back to blank setting is the only way to go.

3 Replies 3

colin.mcnamara
Level 4
Level 4

The easiest way is erase all local configuration files -

The command -

write erase

reload

--Colin

Unfortunately, this does not work. It still maintains a lot of information across a write erase. It looks as though the system is corrupted, so I need to do a maitenance rebuild on it. I'll probably end up sending it in to IBM for reset.

Okay, the word from cisco and IBM is that they need to be sent in for reset on a bench(you can do it otherwise, but it would void the warranty I'm sure).

I got the issue resolved without doing this, but it was a long and complicated process over the phone(made more difficult by the fact that the guy who told me basically how to rebuild the internal system spoke poor english and excellent russian--which I don't speak well at all).

If you're reading peter, thanks!