Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

I have a WAAS demo setup in a test lab and have a simulated T1 span connecting two networks. When I transfer a file using CIFS or web initially, I see the traffic flow through the WAN. When I do the transfer a second time, I know it is getting the da...

dantemer by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 9509 at the HQ site and a 9216 in the DR site connected via a DS3. There are periodic times when the fcip link will flap and come back up, sometimes it will continue for minutes and has happened for several hours with this error: %PORT-5-IF...

Hi,has anyone ever used copper SFP in an IPS card? I know it is unsuppported but has anyone actually tried it?Regards,Michael

mkoch by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In regards to software zoning, how is the Simple Name Server (SNS) updated? What security methods are used to prevent the updates to the name server?

sjohn172 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Does the MDS9120 switch between its ports by default? If not, how can switching be enabled in the CLI, please?We have a Cisco MDS9120. We've connected Port 1 to an HP MSA1000 SAN device, Port 5 to a Windows Server and Port 6 to a VMware Server. ...