Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS - Disruptive Direct upgrade path

robin99
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have MDS 9250i switches running NX-OS 6.2(9) and I would like to upgrade to 8.2.2 during maintenance window. I read Cisco notes saying for NON-disruptive upgrade path is to go to 8.1.1b first then to 8.2.2. Since there are fabric A and B active and my MDS switches are only single sup (always disruptive during firmware upgrade) so am I correct to assume no impact to SAN hosts when I upgrade directly to 8.2.2 on one switch at a time since the second fabric will handle the SAN traffic automatically? Also can I upgrade directly to 8.2.2 since we allow downtime per SAN fabric, one switch at a time?

regards,

Robin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

robin99
Level 1
Level 1

i have found the answer myself. Cisco Non disruptive is referring to no outage on data plane during upgrade. Essentially with dual SAN fabric no real outage.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

robin99
Level 1
Level 1

i have found the answer myself. Cisco Non disruptive is referring to no outage on data plane during upgrade. Essentially with dual SAN fabric no real outage.

cmendoza
Level 1
Level 1

you can help me with the latest version of the imaguen superior to wave 8.2 that you have I need those firtwares urgent please for this cisco 9250I and the cisco page does not let me download them

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: