cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

minimum speed on FC interface.

ssawant
Level 1
Level 1

What minimum speed can be set on FC interface of MDS9216 switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can, but if the reason for doing it is to limit the traffic rate to fit the FCIP pipe, then I would do all of that on the FCIP interface. You can configure min/max bandwidth and a whole lot more on the FCIP interface. Cisco has a couple of design guides that are really good on this subject.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

j.sargent
Level 1
Level 1

1Gb/s I believe... It will auto-negotiage by default.

thanks,

can I force the speed to be less than 100Mbps? This FC interface is connected to storage and is dedicated for migration. It will be zoned with a FCIP interface on same switch.

You can, but if the reason for doing it is to limit the traffic rate to fit the FCIP pipe, then I would do all of that on the FCIP interface. You can configure min/max bandwidth and a whole lot more on the FCIP interface. Cisco has a couple of design guides that are really good on this subject.

Some docs of interest for FCIP configuration include document numbers 47100 and 47120. Also, the FCIP Configuration chapter in the Configuration Guide is very good.

Hope this helps.

thanks.

addylamlappun
Level 1
Level 1

Port rate limit can be set from 1-100% of port speed. The documentation mentions that port rate limiting can only be configured on Cisco MDS 9100 Series switches, Cisco MDS 9216i switches, and MPS-14/2 modules. The command is "switchport ingress-rate <1-100>" under the interface configuration.