Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

hi there,sorry prob a really dumb question but...We have 2x 9509 switches here and i'm trying to get the events working. If i look at the events log it tells me "Event logs not found". Is there something i need to configure on the switches to turn e...

Hello ! Someone knows if SANTap could be used in conjunction with a replication appliance to obtain a LUN mirroring, much like something provided by SW Logical Volume Managers ?Thx a lot

rluvie by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am new to storage networking. I wish to connect a small Hitachi SAN to a few (no more than 4) Windows and Linux servers via fiber channel, and about a dozen other Windows and Linux servers over iSCSI. I will also want to do async replication across...

nchinetti by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,A customer has two sites and needs replication between these two sites. They bought two Cisco Routers 7401ASR with PA-FC-1G for connectivity between the sites (using FCIP) - This PA has one 1G PC port!Now, on one site they have a MDS 9120 SAN S...

aretsu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,A customer has two sites and needs replication between these two sites. They bought two Cisco Routers 7401ASR with PA-FC-1G for connectivity between the sites (using FCIP) - This PA has one 1G PC port!Now, on one site they have a MDS 9120 SAN S...

aretsu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Im having an performance issue, if I use the HP PAT test im getting around 3 MBS - 6 MBS, im thinking i should be getting an higher throughput with this setupHeres my setup and configDL380 G2I have all the latest firmware for the dl380 and have had H...

kaned by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, According to the Cisco MDS 9000 Family Configuration Guide, Release 2.x, chapter "Configuring Traffic Management", FCC needs to be enabled to use QoS with DWRR. (To achieve this traffic differentiation, be sure to enable FCC). Do I have to ena...

hensolbe by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I connected MDS9506 at 2.0.2b level with Brocade in BladeCenter at 4.2.1 level. VSAN on MDS is in interoperability 3 and the only change on Brocade was "portcfgislmode 0/0 1". Then zones, zonesets, IVR info, everything was propagated to Brocade an...

Hidue to power outage we changed entire MDS swichesincluding chassis and bladesafter restoring configuration from FTP serverwe are faced to no communication issue betweenhost,tape,storage thru MDSafter investigation when found that WWN has changedso ...

Hi,I'm preparing a SAN migration from two McData DS-24M2 switches to a Cisco 9509.All the servers connected to the SAN are HP-UX and my question is very simple: is it possible to keep the same disk devices ID on HP-UX (/dev/dsk/c#t#d#) when I migrate...