cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N5500 configured for FC

Jignesh Desai
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to the SAN/FC technology.  I have a 5548UP which will have 2 NetApp filers and a couple of servers with FC cards connected to it.  No FC traffic will leave this 5548 switch as we are just running FC to backup SAN data.  I have the storage license installed on the 5548.  I don't have an expansion card, so am using ports 28-32 as FC ports.  I configured the switch with slot1/port 28-32 type fc and rebooted it.  When the switch came up, I don't see those ports anywhere.  What am I missing?  I expected the ports to be FC interface.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

The feature fcoe needs to be enabled before the FC features are available. As soon as you type "feature fcoe" you should see a storage license get checked out and FC plug-ins loaded. Then type "show int brief" and the FC interfaces should be at the top of the list.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

The feature fcoe needs to be enabled before the FC features are available. As soon as you type "feature fcoe" you should see a storage license get checked out and FC plug-ins loaded. Then type "show int brief" and the FC interfaces should be at the top of the list.

Thanks Jeremy, that did it.  I didn't think feature fcoe was needed as I was using native fc.