cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 6000 Interoperability Matrix with Brocade switch, any idea??

aansatosorigin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts and Colleagues,

I'm seriously in immense curiosity about the interoprability matrix of Nexus 6000 series with Brocade DXC and 8510 using FCOE and FC connection.

I didn't find any reference about this even on Cisco website, I just find interoperability matrix for Cisco Nexus 5500 as following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/interoperability/matrix/Matrix7a.html

Any idea where I can find the similar guides for Nexus 6000 series?? Really appreciate your help!

Regards,

Fendy

2 Replies 2

jensmahnke
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Fendy,

I think, you will not find an Interop Matrix for the Nexus 6000 in the moment. There are no native FC ports available. If I understand this correct, there is a unified port LEM for the 6004 in the roadmap for the second half of the year. But you have to wait for native FC connection to interop with a Brocade DCX.

Cheers,
Jens

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Two modular form factor chassis with multiple Fibre Channel port and special-purpose blades give you flexible deployment options. And with non-disruptive hot-pluggable components and a no-single-point-of-failure design, this device is truly the backbone of your storage infrastructure.

Maximize your options, increase reliability: The Brocade DCX 8510 Backbone offers flexibility in deployment, pricing, and add-ons. With no single point of failure and non-disruptive hot-pluggable components, your business data flies non-stop to your applications.

Simplify scale-out: Networks must support rapid growth and change in server and storage infrastructure. With scalable connectivity and high-density chassis design, the Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones reduce complexity and cost with a smaller footprint.

Streamline management, profit from robust network analytics: Get the visibility and insight you need — and make network administrators’ lives easier. Address problems before they impact operations. Maximize application performance. Reduce costs and extend Brocade Gen 5 Fibre Channel with Brocade Fabric Vision technology.