cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Query on FCoE

vegisandeep
Level 1
Level 1

I was going through some of the DC designs and I see all are implementing FCoE only from host to fiber interconnects.

And from FIC’s they are using FC connectivity (to MDS and then to storage).

Is this architecture for using existing hardware (storage and switches) or do you think we have any technical issues in implementing FCoE end to end (host to storage)?

I see some of the switches (ex:- nexus 5596) supports FCoE and even most of the storage systems are also supporting FCoE.

4 Replies 4

mfrase
Level 1
Level 1

Direct attached Native FCoE arrays are of full design and implementation support on N5K, N7K and MDS. NetApp and EMC have qualified Systems for Cisco FCoE.      Phase 3 FCoE designs are here today, see, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6021/white_paper_c11-472771.html

Implementing a design of best practice would still have requirements of A-B San separation.  Many designs I see are leveraging vPC's with the Arrays and CNA's for high availability for both FC and the data paths

any chance this document can be available to customers, right now it's listed for partners only.

@dynamoxxx

Thank you

@dynamoxxx
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: