cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF IP Route Error: Interface must be point-to-point

jason.loomans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I'm configuring a second VRF on a Nexus 5596UP to troubleshoot jumbo frames between devices.  A VLAN interface has been configured and I'd like the pings to egress out that interface.  This is the config for the vlan:

interface vlan200

vrf member iscsi

ip address 172.20.9.254/24

vrf context iscsi

ip route 172.20.9.0/24 172.20.9.254

When I try to configure the vrf, I am assigning the static route 0.0.0.0/0 vlan 200, I get the error "Interface must be a point-to-point."  What does this mean?  How is this properly configured?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gofianto.phin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jason,

Why you need the route ? From your configuration, it seems that the route on the same network on vlan 200

vrf context iscsi

The route already directly connected, I think you don't need any route to the same segment

Thanks,

Gofi

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gofianto.phin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jason,

Why you need the route ? From your configuration, it seems that the route on the same network on vlan 200

vrf context iscsi

The route already directly connected, I think you don't need any route to the same segment

Thanks,

Gofi

Thank you for your response.  It turns out the route was not needed for the application.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: