Views
Helpful
Replies

Analyzing packet buffer and switch throughput

zachelle07
Level 1
Level 1

HI!

I am looking for a little help here. I have two Cisco CBS350-8MGP-2X switches interconnected. They are not stackable. Based on the cisco specs for the switch the packet buffer is 1.5mb and the forwarding rate is 46.13mpps and 62gb switching capacity. I have three 4K ip cameras connected to this switch at 30fps. On the second switch I have two more 4K cameras at the same fps plus one access point with a 2.5nic and the computer also with a 2.5nic. I have been noticing a small delay when loading web pages on my web browser. The average delay is about 3 seconds. I am not sure if the cameras are consuming the bandwith and causing the delay. I was considering switching to CBS350-24NGP-4X which has a 3mb packet buffer, 142.85mpps forwarding rate and 192gb switching capacity. I was planning on using two of this and have them on a stack to improve the throughput. I am not sure if this will help with the issue. Can someone help me and tell me if this could be the solution or  I might need to look elsewhere. 

0 Replies 0