cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS220 syslog issue

secretuser543
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone I set the syslog on my Cisco Business 220 switch with firmware version 2.0.2.12, but I found the syslog on CBS220 doesn't have function name "Originator Identifier", that made the syslog server unable to reading log messages from this device. How can I enable "Originator Identifier" function? Thank you.

BTW, "Originator Identifier" function shown in my another 350 series and this article also.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5275-configure-log-aggregation-settings-on-an-sx350-series-manage.html

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Usually the 220 has lesser functionality  and will probably not have "Originator Identifier" , yet I don't understand what you mean by :  unable to reading log messages from this device ; because a normal syslog server will on default accept messages from the 220 too , can you elaborate ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Let me show a sample log from CBS220 in my Syslog Server as a picture below, there is no source name to be identified with the log source came from, this is a big problem when the syslog server collects the log from many sources. secretuser543_0-1700748250106.png

- This looks to be related to the behavior of the particular syslog server (brand) ; try with vanilla syslog server on a Linux host , and or examine settings on this particular syslog server  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '